Laundry. Laundry. Laundry. Laundry is interesting here. Admittedly, my laundry experience is limited, but it is very strange to turn on the power to the washer at the power outlet as well as on the machine, and turn on the taps to run a load of laundry.
As for drying clothes, I have an electric dryer. The dryer is on the laundry room next to the washer, but I try not to use it. It vents into the laundry room, and that can make the room into a sauna unless I have the back door open. And as much as I love being able to open my windows, I am not as keen on having doors wide open, you know?
But I also have a clothesline. I have mixed feelings about the clothes line. On the one hand I like to hang some things out. I prefer not to hang towels and underwear -- I find they get a bit "crunchy." But I love how the wind does my ironing for me on outerwear -- a benefit made bigger by the fact that I do not have an iron or an ironing board. The biggest downside to the clothesline is its uncanny ability to control the weather.
It goes like this: In the morning, I get up and check the sky out the front and back, and round both sides of the house and I find a clear, bright blue sky, no clouds anywhere. So I put a load in the washer. An hour later, I pull out the wet clothes, drop them in the basket, and head outside to the line. Carefully I arrange the clothes on the line so that none can flap into the house or the gas bottles. Satisfied with my accomplishment and organization, I pick up the basket and the extra clothespins and head inside to continue with my day. I clean the kitchen, make the bed, straighten the living room, plan menus, read a book, surf the internet, etc. The next thing I know the bright sunlight has disappeared and a grey light is streaming through my windows. A quick check out the windows fore and aft show that a thundercloud has materialized from the ether and big, heavy, sloppy wet drops are threatening my clothes. This leads to a race outside to save the clothes and a dash back in with still wet clothes that now require the dryer. Thankfully the door in the laundry room opens to a covered, sheltered porch.
I am taking suggestions on methods to disable the Clothesline Weather Control Unit. You can find me in the laundry room.
No comments:
Post a Comment