Another Reading Challenge Done. It took a while to finish the books, mainly because three weeks before the challenge was scheduled to finish, I began a full time job, which ended only 91 days after it began. But in those 91 days, my reading time was seriously limited, and I was struggling to complete the last 4 books. But with free time again, I was able to finish those last few books and I can put a check in the column of this challenge. I am not sure I'll do another one, as I have had such trouble finishing the two I attempted. I have enjoyed reading books I would not have done otherwise, but we shall see what new challenges have to offer.
In case you were wondering, the best book of the bunch is a tie between The School of Essential Ingredients and A Prayer for Owen Meany, both were the kind of book that grab you and then stay with you long after you have returned them to the shelves. Conversely, Fools Rush In and The United States of Arugula are books I never have to pick up again. They are the kind of books that when you turn the last page, you wonder how on earth you can get back the time it took to read them.
Another season and another reading challenge. This one is shorter, only five tasks per point category. I am not sure I will finish this, but I will give it my best try. And if nothing else, I will had read books I might not have picked up otherwise.
Stay tuned for my progress.
July 1 - September 30, 2011
Points total: _275_/275
5 point tasks (_25_/25 points)
- read a mystery -- The Cat Who Could Read Backwards (7/17-7/22)
- read a book chosen based on its cover -- The School of Essential Ingredients (7/22-7/25)
- read a young adult book -- Anne of the Island (8/11-8/12)
- read a book with a cover that’s a hot color: red, orange, yellow -- The Red Shoes (7/1-7/5)
- read a book you read about in a book blog -- The Woman in White (7/13-8/10)
10 point tasks (_50_/50 points)
- read a book with a number in its title -- Nine Lives to Murder (8/16-8/19)
- read an historical fiction novel -- The Romanov Bride (9/7-9/8)
- read a book from a summer reading list -- Through the Looking Glass (8/15-8/17)
- read a banned book (banned book week is September 24 - October 1) -- The Awakening and Selected Short Stories (8/10-8/14)
- read a book that is part of a series -- Fools Rush In (7/26-8/1)
15 point tasks (_75_/75 points)
- read the July, August, or September book club selection and participate in its discussion -- Revolution (7/5-7/7)
- read a non-fiction history book -- The Northern Lights (8/6-8/15)
- read a book by a Canadian author -- Anne of Avonlea# (7/5-7/10)
- read a book not originally published in English -- Special Assignments (9/8-10/14)
- read a book you’ve owned/had on your to be read list for over a year -- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (9/7-12/12)
25 point tasks (_125_/125 points)
- read a non-fiction book from the New York Times Notable list from 2009, 2008, 2007, or 2006 -- The United States of Arugula (7/7-7/17)
- read a book from Rory Gilmore's Book Club -- The Picture of Dorian Gray (8/24-9/5)
- read a Harry Potter book or a book with a magic word in the title -- This Rough Magic (9/12-12/29)
- read a book that was a bestseller the year you were born -- The Hollow Hills (7/3-7/4)
- read a book chosen by your significant other/close friend -- A Prayer for Owen Meany (8/19-12/20)
No comments:
Post a Comment