Monday, January 4, 2016

Frustrated ExPat, Personal Needs Edition #1

Dear Melbourne:

Why is it so hard to find facilities?

What do you have against visitors/customers who have the, apparently unfortunate, need to relieve themselves?  I seriously doubt that native Melburnians have found a permanent solution and no longer find themselves needing facilities.

Sometimes I think it is far easier to find a place to "pee on Mardi Gras Day" than it is to find a place in Melbourne to do the same.  I have struggled on many visits to your fair city to find facilities.  And, no the public restrooms 5 to 10 blocks away do not count as convenient or readily accessible.

I am not against making a purchase or paying for the privilege of using the facilities.  I have done so in New Orleans on Mardi Gras Day to assure myself of availability when nature calls.  I would really just like to have them convenient, available, and easily located when I need them.  Unfortunately, when you need the facilities, nothing else will do.  And often, improvisation in this area will result in chats with the local authorities.

I really don't think I'm being unreasonable here.  I really don't think I'm asking too much.

Thanks,
A Frustrated Visitor, with money to spend!, in Your Fair City

No comments:

Post a Comment