Day 20 – Favorite romance book
I am not a reader of books traditionally categorized as "romance." I think all told I have read maybe four. Which is not to say I have not read books that involve a romantic story line. Both the Anne of Green Gables series and Emily of New Moon series by L.M. Montgomery feature long-reaching multi-book romantic story arcs. Louis May Alcott's Little Women features romantic story-lines for the main characters. Most of the cozy mysteries I read have a romantic element. Romance is harder to categorize than bookshop designers think. But for all the non-romance romances I have read, my favorite is the romantic story-line in the later Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The courtship of Laura and Almanzo has been one of my favorite since I first read the books in grade school. It may be an over-simplified and condensed for a happy-ending loving reading populace, rather than an accurate account of factual events, but it has been, and still remains, my favorite literary romance.
No comments:
Post a Comment