Visas: multiple, but only to two countries
Honestly I misread this as "Vistas," so my initial answer was very different, and I think I'd rather go with that, especially considering I have only ever travelled to two places that require visas, and only one of those was a paper-issue visa instead of an electronic visa waiver.
So, Vistas: view from Monplaisir, Peterhof
I love the view from the open decks on the cruise ship, I love it most when we are entering or leaving a port, but there are some beautiful sunsets on sea days as well. And the view from the deck when the ship is docked in Saguenay, Québec looking out over the Saguenay Fjord is spectacular, quiet and serene. It is one of my favorite spots on one of my favorite cruises. Sunrise through Habitat '67 in Montréal, Québec is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, as the sky peeking through the boxes changes from the deep inky blue of pre-dawn to purple to pink and then back to the cool clear blue of a new day. The view from Agamont Park looking out over the Porcupine Islands, and whatever cruise ships may be anchored that day is one of the best I have seem from public parks, and certainly one of the most easily identifiable in my (not-all-that-many) vacation photos.
But one of the most special, yet ordinary vistas, has to be the view out over the Gulf of Finland from Monplaisir, Peterhof has to be one of the best. Truth be told, it's not anything special, but the journey there was the trip of a lifetime, and to be standing where Tsar Nicholas II would have stood, looking out over much the same view, was a dream come true. Definitely one of the best vistas I have ever experienced.
No comments:
Post a Comment