Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Glasses in Gardens

Best foreign beer you’ve had and where:  Hoegaarden, at a beer garden in Adelaide

This is actually a hard question for me, because I'm not really a beer drinker.  Honestly, I'm not much of a drinker at all.  I am far more likely to cook with alcohol than drink it.  Even at parties and fancy dinners, it's rare that I will drink anything stronger than iced tea.  And when I drink, I prefer sweet drinks, what my brother calls "fruity, girly, rum drinks," or sweet hard cider over beer.

I do not think I have ever even had a beer in a foreign country, though on the rare (like I can count them on one hand with fingers left over) occasions when I do drink beer in the US, it's always an import.  Hoegaarden is my favorite, and come to think about it, is actually the only beer I've ever had not at home!

No, wait!  That's it!  I did have one glass of Hoegaarden at a beer garden in Adelaide with my dearest and one of his friends.  I had never seen anyone take as much care as the bartender did to pour, or is it pull as it was on tap?, that glass of Hoegaarden.

I guess then that has to be the answer to this question.  I still have never seen such care taken with a glass of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment